On the 28th of February we will holding our annual Olympics at NYU. At this event, students will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of athletic events throughout the day, competing on behalf of their respective house. Given this excellent opportunity, we are expecting full participation and any non-attendance (without sufficient evidence) will be treated as an unauthorized absence.
To help maximize our time at this high quality sports venue we request that you drop your child at the athletics stadium between 7:00 am and 7:30 am. Students in year 7–10 will then need to be collected at 2:30 pm from the same location. Year 11–13 students have the option to compete in the afternoon sports or leave the site to revise and prepare for their upcoming examinations. Those senior students who wish to leave early should hand a note of written permission to Miss Handy (Year 11) or Dr Tabet (Years 12 and 13).
The school bus service (Halifat) will transport the students directly to and from NYU on the 28th.
The online deadline for registration for the free bus from school to NYU has now passed. However students can still sign up for the bus in school until Thursday 23rd February. This bus will leave school promptly at 6.50 am and will return at approximately 3:20 pm.
On the day all students will need:
- A packed lunch and/or money to buy refreshments from a food stall set up inside the stadium
- Full PE kit and a t-shirt representing their house colour (This can be purchased from Zaks)
- A water bottle; water will be plentiful and provided by the school
- A hat to shield themselves from the sun
- Sun screen to be applied throughout the day